Yoga for Curvy Girls & Big Guys is Almost Here!

by Stacey

photo by Melissa Mimms

Hey y’all-

I am thrilled – thrilled! – to announce the first Yoga for Curvy Girls & Big Guys series is almost here! Join me every Monday in August (3, 10, 17, 24, & 31) at 7:30 PM at Jai Shanti Yoga (www.jaishantiyoga.com) for a yoga class that will break the stereotype that yoga is only for stick-figured, super bendy types. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring your mat. We’ll have tons of props to work with so everyone can feel great in the poses. There will be something for Every Body, from Absolute Beginners to those with More Experience. If you’ve always wanted to do yoga but were afraid you weren’t the right size, then this class is for you!

Just The Facts:

Yoga for Curvy Girls & Big Guys
5 Mondays in August starting 8/3
7:30 PM – 75 minute class
Jai Shanti Yoga – 1630-D Dekalb Ave. Atlanta, GA 30307
$16 drop-in rate, cash or check
(5 class card is available)
Curvy Supporters are most welcome.

Hope to see you soon on the mat-
Much Love,
stacey.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Lindsay July 29, 2009 at 4:21 am

This sounds brilliant! Is pre-registration required? Or is it a “show up at the door” type of thing? 🙂

Stacey July 29, 2009 at 7:28 am

Hi Lindsay-

Thanks for reading! No pre-registration is required.
You are welcome to come to all or any sessions on a drop in basis.

Hope to see you there-
Best,
stacey.

Melissa November 27, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Do you have clips of the adjustments and poses for curvy girls and big guys? A video of class would be awesome. Not only would other teachers love to see them, but yogis who practice at home would benefit too.

Latima Johnson December 7, 2009 at 9:44 am

Hi Stacey,
Please contact me regarding the article above. I am doing a piece in the January issue of Gemini about yoga and Tai Chi for curvy women.

MARCIA July 19, 2010 at 7:53 am

I am so excited about this. I have always wanted to try yoga but I never knew how my curvy body would fit in with everyone else. Thank you for making me feel that my curves have a special place to call home for yoga 🙂

Clareawasw October 7, 2010 at 9:49 am

This is awesome! I am sadly in Los Angeles not Atlanta but it was really encouraging to read about your classes. I wish you all very best. Namaste!

Sharon Cicirello January 9, 2013 at 1:13 am

Hi Stacey, Do you have any DVD’s made up yet for this? Or do you know of this type of class in Central IL by chance?

Stacey February 25, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Hi Sharon!

I don’t have a DVD at this point – it’s on my list of things to do! I can recommend Gary Halperin’s Feel Better Now Yoga DVD – http://www.feelbetternowyoga.com.

Best,